Monday, March 30, 2009

A Double Vision?












I wasn't supposed to be posting this week, but while perusing the ever attractive Starlet Showcase blog site I came across this photo of the young Shirley "Partridge family" Jones as Lulu Baines from the movie Elmer Gantry. Immediately it brought to mind who else but a Bolles girl, and I just had to turn it into a quick post (actually they are never quick). As you can see the girls share a common interest in silk hosiery.

Below is another photo of Jones from the movie and yet another Bolles image clicked, this one from a 1932 issue of Pep. She really has that toothy smile you see on so many Bolles covers.












And here we have the the uncropped image from an issue that appeared in 1937.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... I am seeing double! Either the universe if full of amazing synchronicities or someone who worked on the film was a fan of Bolles.

And thanks for that cover. The pinup doesn't get any more perfect than that!

Jack R said...

I'm not sure which. It may be just the large part of my brain that seems to be totally devoted to making these associations. It's become a sort of disease!

Unknown said...

gorgeous cover. one I've never seen. thanks.